HOW-TO make photo albums and upload photos to your albums on http://internationalschoolphotos.com/photoalbum
NOTE: THIS IS UNDER-CONSTRUCTION-- But Terry's working on it today (Friday) :-)
Take a Look Around --
First, point your browser to http://internationalschoolphotos.com/photoalbum/main.php?g2_itemId=13287 and take a look.
You will see that there are a couple of existing albums.
Click on the "Slide Show from First Meeting" album to see it's contents. Notice that at the top of the screen you will see a line of text that shows where you are. Like this:
All the albums in the Gallery are arranged like the Folders and Subfolders on your computer.
Each member's main album can have many other albums inside it. Those albums can have either a group of photos OR other albums. More about this later.
NOTE: There will also be club special events and club coverage of KAUST pecial Events like Earth Day and Go-Kart Races.
Click on " KAUST Photo Group Albums" on that top text line to jump back to the main Gallery page.
Look at "Your" Main Album --
Click on YOUR album's photo. To start with you'll see two things:
- - The PHOTO used for the "cover". You can change it later if you have another you'd prefer! These are just what I could find quickly. It would be ideal to maybe have a nice "Family" shot here. We're all sich 'Nice' families :-)
- - A blank album on the right.
Notice that on the LEFT side there are just a few things: A Slideshow option and a list of the other albums so you can 'jump' to them. But more options will show up when you LOG IN:
Log In and try changing the 'blank' album --
- Click "Login" on the upper right. Enter your first name as USER and first name as PASSWORD.
- - Notice that you now have a bunch more options on the LEFT. This is only for YOUR main album and all the other albums under it you may create.
- - Notice that the 'blank' album (which I created just as an example) now has a <<Album Actions>> pulldown. Click the down arrow on the right and you should see 4 options. Click "Edit Album".
You will get a new screen with three TABS at the top: GENERAL ALBUM THEME
- - Click the "General" tab. You'll see several places to enter information:
- ** Name (required): This is where you will put some simple one-word name for any NEW album you create. Right now you should see "first" as the name of the "blank" album. Leave it alone.
- ** Title This is where the title that will be seen on the album is entered. Right now it is probably "FirstAlbum(rename)". Highlight/Drag over it and change it to "Tryout Album NAME" (Use your name).
- ** Summary (Leave the next 4 things blank for now)
** Album Date and Time
- - Click "Save" at the bottom
- - Go back up top that top text line and click your name. You should get back to your "Main Album". The Title of the 'blank' album should be changed.
- - Don't change anything on the ALBUM or THEME Tabs for now. You can use them to change appearances, size etc. later.
Try out UPLOADING a couple of photos (Make sure you're Logged In )
- - Notice that the 'blank' album has "no thumbnail" at its top. Click on that.
- - You will get a new screen that says "This album is empty". Click on "Add a photo!"
- - You will get a new screen titled "Add Items". Click the first tab "From Web Browser".
- - There are several lines where you can tell what file to upload. Do just one for now:
- - Click the "Browse" button on the right of the "File" entry.
- - Navigate aound you computer and find some photo file to upload. It would be good if it was 1024 by 768 or better. Click on the filename. It should show up in the "File" entry. Enter some "Caption" if you wish, or you can always add/edit one later.
- - Click the "Browse" button on the right and select at least 1 MORE photo file.
- - Scroll to the bottom and click "Add Items". Make sure "Create Thumbnails Now" is checked.
- - WAIT while your file is uploaded. You should get a new screen labelled "Upload Complete".
Now click your name in that top line. You should see both the original "Cover Photo" and the "previously-blank" album with it new title and a photo.
Try out your new album
The updated album probably has the first photo you uploaded as it's "Cover Photo".
- - Click on the updated album's photo. You should see your 2 or more photos.
- - Notice that each photo has a <<item actions>> pulldown. Try it out.
- - Click the pulldown on the photo that was NOT the "cover photo", and select "Make Highlight"
- - You'll get a new screen. Click the "highlight" button.
- - Again, at the top, click your name. You should see the updated album, but now with a different "Cover Photo"
The Cover Photo for an album can be any photo in that album or any photo in new Albums INSIDE that album.
Make a totally new album
Make sure you have clicked your name on the top line.
- Notice that the left side options include "Add Album". Click that. You will get a new screen titled "Add Sub-Album". Fill in two things:
- Name (Enter "test2" or some other simple one-word name for the disk filename)
- Title (Enter "Test Album 2" or some other title.)
- Scroll to the bottom and click the "Create" button. You should get a new screen "Edit Album" with the "Album" tab active. Don't do anything here.
- Click your name at the top again... You should see a new 'blank' album with the new Title you used, on the right.
- Try clicking on the "no thumbnail" and then "Add a Photo" and play with that new album..
NOTE: You can (and probably will delete these albums later when you get going "For Real".
Take A Break !!!
Think about how to structure your albums, for the future --First: It's possible to move albums around, so don't worry about it too much.
- You can change your password if you like, after you log in. Click "Your Account" on upper right.
- You can also change your Email Address, which is used to send you updates and to recover a lost password.
- After you know how to change the "Cover Photo" (above) you can change the main Album page Cover Photo for YOUR album.