HOW-TO make photo albums and upload photos to your albums on http://redseaphoto.info
NOTE: THIS IS UNDER-CONSTRUCTION-- But it should be pretty close. Try it out. Updates/Problems: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a Look Around --
First, point your browser to http://internationalschoolphotos.com/photoalbum/main.php?g2_itemId=13287 and take a look. (Right-click to open in a separate page/tab so you can click back and forth).
You will see that there are a few existing albums.
Click on the "Slide Show from First Meeting" album to see it's contents. Notice that at the top of the screen you will see a line of text that shows where you are. Like this:
ISP Albums>> Photo Group at KAUST>> Slide Show from First MeetingYou can "go back" in the group of albums by clicking on an earlier album. Click on an album, then get back. OK?
UPLOAD PHOTOS TO YOUR ALBUM:
- GOTO: Group Photo Albums. LOG ON (Upper Right) Your UserName is your First Name. You know your password. Problems?: Email email@example.com
- NAVIGATE to your album. If it's empty click on the "no thumbnail" line. Click on "Add a Photo!"
- You will see 4 TABS: (From Web Browser) ( From Local Server) (Gallery Remote) ( Upload Applet) For now, chose 1 or 4
- (1) FROM WEB BROWSER:
- This lets you browse to a location on your computer for each photo, and optionally add a caption
- Browse to a photo and select it. You can select more photos now and add more Browse boxes if you want.
- Click ADD ITEMS at bottom. Wait for uploads to run.
- You should see " UPLOAD COMPLETE - Successfully Added n file(s)
- At top navigate to your album (last in line) and see how it worked.
- To upload more photos, click "Add Items" which will bring you back to the 4 tabs with upload options.
- See "Rearranging you album, adding captions, etc" below.
- (4) UPLOAD APPLET
- This provides a "Drag and Drop" capability called "Gallery Remote". There is also a version that is installable on your PC or MAC (details below). This requires JAVA to be available on your machine.
- The first time you click UPLOAD APPLET it will present "Click Here to Download Plugin". (You need admin priviledges).
- If "Nothing Goes Wrong" it should download the Java Runtime Plugin to your browser. You have to go thru a typical install procedure which installs JAVA if you don't have it (MACs usually have it already). You may have to "allow" an "unsigned plugin" and "potentially unsafe" install. After JAVA is installed you will see (next section):
- Usually you will see a green "Gallery Remote: Logo. Wait and you should see the upload screen. CLICK "Resize Pictures Before Upload" !!
- Now just drag and drop photos from your local folder(s) on the left panel. Or you can click "Add Pictures" and navigate to you photos and select 1 or more photos to upload. You should see thumbnails of your photos.
- Click UPLOAD
- A popup will appear and show the progress of uploading. If your photos are large (like 2 to 5 meg) you will see "Resizing image" for several seconds, followed by the upload. (Do not resize your photos yourself. Your originals are untouched!).
- Click on your album name at the top to go view it.
- (3) GALLERY REMOTE
- This will permanently install the Gallery Remote application on your computer. This will look just like the (Upload Applet) option above, but will load faster and run faster. BUT you will have to set up access to the Photo Album system once to start. Your choice.
- SOMEONE! Please volunteer to do this and walk thru it with Terry so we can write this up,,,
- You can change your password if you like, after you log in. Click "Your Account" on upper right.
- You can also change your Email Address, which is used to send you updates and to recover a lost password.
- After you know how to change the "Highlight Photo" you can change the main Album page Cover Photo for YOUR album.